Tuesday 20 March 2012

My order from rat rations

Been thinking about ordering from this site for a while, and today my order arrived. I got some salmon oil, kelp powder (to go on cous cous with garlic and the salmon oil) ,Hemp seed, a load of millet spray for the rats and the cockatiel and a little metal fruit hanger which is currently hanging in the cage with a wedge of carrot on. Looks like a fun toy for enrichment. I also was suprised with a copy of The Scuttling Gourmet, which I have spent most of the day reading. Lots of information and its helped me have ideas for my mix (and I'm barely halfway through reading it) I can see already that it was worth every penny.

We also got the shopping today so got the rats pumpkin seeds, pearl barley and ryvita. So the new mix I made has allsorts in it, I didnt make a note of everything I used so I must do that next time. I really mixed it into the substrate so they will really have to dig to find everything. At least they wont get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment