Friday 23 March 2012

Fun with shredded paper

I did some shredding last weekend and yesterday decided to give it to the rats. I filled an empty easter egg box with the shredded paper and then hid broken up doggy chocolate drops in there for the girls, and a small box for the boys. I thought that this game would last longer than it did, they certainly seemed to have fun. This tells me that as a good owner I should eat more easter eggs so they can have the boxes. I think I can cope with that.

Also the fruit skewer is working well, both times I used it all the veg on it disapeared. Only problem is I cant seem to take it off the top of the cage.

Finished reading The Scuttling Gourmet, It has given me lots of ideas for the tweaks to my mix that I want to make. I have written memos on pieces of paper and put them in the book, so that I can return to the most pertinant bits quickly. I was going to annotate it but I really couldnt bare to use pen on it. Its also inspired me to be really creative with the food they get each day. The girls food today got put in their bucket with shredded paper on top. I see shredded paper being a great help in hiding things due to its density.

They might get cous cous with salmon oil, garlic and seaweed powder to eat tomorrow...sounds very posh haha

2 comments:

  1. I havent even moved past Chapter 1!! I'm such a slacker! I only get time to read at night and by then my brain is so tired, I dont take anything in lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Oh I could not put it down, wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete