Wednesday 16 February 2011

Even tough boys love their mummy...

Or so my lad Trouble says lol. He has been realllllyyy grumpy the last few days ,Asbo is his whipping boy at the moment now that I have moved Taz and Ninja out of the top cage into the bottom. Taz has been a bit wheezy and I think its due to the stress of Trouble constantly flying off the handle. Things seem to be going well, Dylan has had a few goes at them but I think they are gelling back as a group. So I'm hoping things still keep going well in that department :)

I will be consulting the vets about Troubles bad moods if they dont reduce soon. I bathed him today and used a spot on incase he has mites cos he has seemed itchy recently. I'm thinking about castration but I'm not sure how much good it will do on a 20 month old rat, surely if it was hormone based it would of subsided by now. I'm hoping that its just mites making him a little tetchy and he returns back to normal. He is normally a dominant guy but he just flys into rages. I'm also considering the chances its a brain problem. Just need to wait and see if his attitude improves a little.

No matter how tetchy he is with the others , he is still all sweetness and light with me , which makes me laugh. After his bath I had him wrapped up in a towel and he was bruxing his head off. When he bruxes his eyes really boggle quite far haha.

In other rat news they all had a small piece of bread with chicken liver pate on it today...they enjoyed it a lot. My mum spoils them as much as I do lol

2 comments:

  1. Bryan became hormonal at 15 months, and castration really helped. If you're not sure whether castration would help, you can give him a shot of Tardak (kind of chemical neutering) to see if it makes a difference. We did that with Bryan, to be sure. After a fwe days he was his calm, sweet self again, and so we went ahead with neutering.

    Good luck with Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , that certainly gives me something to think about :) i was unsure whether it might be learnt behaviour at his age, will just have to watch him to see if he was itchy and it was making him grumpy as hes been scratching and has barbered himself a little

    ReplyDelete