Sunday 6 February 2011

Trouble!

I'm sure everyone has a rat like Trouble. He is my biggest rat and has a really grumpy attitude and can be puffing and having tantrums at his fellow cage mates. His short temper was the reason I split the boys into two groups in the first place , as while he is fine with placid rats, rats who are silly or have the audacity to try and play with him (Gonzo) get pinned , puffed and told off.

So today when I saw him kicking off , I wasnt suprised. He doesn't hurt them , but it can scare the bejeezus out of more sensitive rats like Asbo. Wasn't suprised to see it was Asbo he was having a go at , so i removed Asbo out of the corner and moved Trouble to try and distract him.I then noticed blood so automatically checked Asbo but it wasn't him so checked Trouble to see one of his toes was bleeding. Cue a good while trying to stop the bleeding by putting pressure on the toe and holding the base to stop blood flow for a minute to take the pressure off. I even tried flour (Cornflour is recomended but trying to hold a squirming, bleeding rat while you root in a cupboard three feet above your head..well I used the first thing to hand) Flour got eaten, he thought it was a tasty treat. Eventually due to putting pressure on it , the toe stopped bleeding. I have suspiscion the toe was dislocated as it was bent but moved straight when i tried moving it so he must be quite sore poor lad. I have put him in the hospital cage to A) rest B) calm down. I will see how it looks in the morning, but he has cleaned it and used it to scratch with so I think all is well.

What amazed me about him is even though he is so big, he reverts to utter mummys boy with me. He is like one of the Mitchell brothers lol. Even though his toe was sore he was licking me like mad. But then again he has known me from a pinky so I guess that commands some respect.Even for a mardy boy like Trouble...I sure named him well...

2 comments:

  1. Sure, you call a rat Trouble or Asbo... what d'you expect ;)
    Shamisen
    www.vermin-realm.com
    www.rodentrebels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA i certainly named those two scarily well

    ReplyDelete