Sunday 30 January 2011

My poor nerves....

Its nearly half past one on a saturday night/sunday morning...totally stressing out due to one of the rats. Yup doesn't take many guesses to guess which rat is causing me grief.

Atari is on meds atm , due to the space where his eye used to be , being infected. It seems to be cleaning up well but carrying on the meds incase theres any nasties still in there. So tonight i gave him his meds and as usual he struggled. Then blood!Seemed like so much! I dont know whether he bit his tongue or if the syringe scratched him but there seemed to be loads. I managed to shove some kitchen roll in his mouth and once I did that it seemed to stop quite quickly.

He didn't like me washing him much lol and he spent a fair amount of time in my top but was already over it, cleaning himself and running into his usual den.

Two lovely ratty people put my mind at ease , I wasn't far off ringing the vets begging them to give him a transfusion! (yes I know these arent really available) and using what i remember from college checked him for shock.. hes still warm and not willing to let me look at his mucous membranes so I think he will be ok. He has eaten some kale too (for iron) so hopefully his mouth isn't sore either

i REALLY thought he might die :( so much for pets lowering your stress levels lol
Just so greatful hes ok 

No comments:

Post a Comment