Friday 6 January 2012

Its done :D

Well I did it! completed it this afternoon, the explorer is now one big cage :D

The girls dont seem that impressed sadly, the three new girls are hiding currently, although Aeon and Luna were lured out with yoggies. It's the first time I have given them yoggies but they sure learned quickly that they taste yummy. Mocha wasn't coming out from hiding no matter how long I waited. Pink was asleep in the igloo, and Rave took off alone to the top half to sleep in the hammock. I love having the cage like that as I can sit on the floor with the door open and fuss the girls (well if they come over I can!)

The build didn't go smoothly though. I thought I had it alltogether but when I washed the tray with the notch to go on the second floor, I noticed that the notch didn't match up with the side that had a hole in within the cage. So I had to take it back out, after fighting to get it in , so I was more than annoyed. I had to get a spare nut out of the tool box aswell , as one of the ones I had for the cage was no where to be found. I think that things that need constructing that they should come with extra parts because some vital pieces ALWAYS go missing. Well they do for me anyway lol.

I have found something to coat the bars with, Japlac, so I will have another little job to do before long. I was horrified when my mum said I would have to take the cage to bits again to do this. I assured her this was not happening that it was only the bars that were rusty and it was only the bars that were being treated. Is she trying to send me grey?!?!?!

My next job is definately kitting the cage out with fun things for the girls, as it looks a bit bare. They dont seem to mind though, they are more concentrating on having more climbing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment