Tuesday 10 January 2012

Ratty Enrichment

Now I have opened the explorer up, I have decided to do more things to have the girls really thinking. The boys have proved themselves to not be big thinkers, their scene is to curl up in the hammock watching the day go by or sleeping. Unless this involves nuts in shells, they are happy to open them, as it involves food.

Feeding wise, I normally just throw it in for them, I stopped using a bowl a while ago for reasons I cannot remember. But I actively scattered the food today, with the girls I mixed it in the substrate so they will need to really dig for it. I will see how this goes for a week but I'm sure they will find it interesting. Plus it is a good excercise for Pink as I have put her on a diet. It was only implented today as I kept her out of the cage for a while after clean out and feeding but I think she knows as she wee'd and poo'ed on me. Thanks Pink....

Another thing I did for enrichment was putting nuts in a small cardboard box with the lid closed. They seemed to work out something was in there, but they haven't opened it as of yet. I'm sure they will work it out, though I had hoped to see them do it.

I'm hoping that my things to decorate the cage with arrive tomorrow. Then I need to decide where stuff is going, although I have drawn like two plans already lol. Then I can get pics :D Really hope that it doesnt look bare still, when I have finished.

And some Dexter news as I haven't included him in a while really , He seems to be getting better with his shyness, We have had two people to the house and after a bit of barking he asked for a fuss off them, even jumping up, which is naughty of him but its nice to see him less fearful. Hopefully he will keep going from strength to strength with this, we haven't been able to get him out for a good run due to roadworks cutting off our regular bus service...

They were meant to be destructing the railway bridge near us on christmas day , while the trains and buses werent running and there was less traffic. They sorted out the train tracks but due to "inclement weather" (really, in DECEMBER?!") They cannot finish the job currently. On the transport website the first estimated completion kept changing and now it is estimated finished on the 31st of march. Which is quite frankly ridiculous, we were wondering how we would cope without buses. Lucky for us a firm (not even the firm that usually serves our area!!!) has put on a free shuttle bus which will help immensly! I want to call them and thank them profusely haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment